Since we live in Victoria BC, travelling Internationally is always a pain in the A$$. Good deals on International flights are usually available only from Vancouver or Seattle, which make the ferry trip to the mainland part of the journey. While tourists ooh and ahh over the superb scenery of the Islands, I've taken the ferry hundreds of times and usually just want to get from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen as soon as possible.
BC Ferries, Spirit of Vancouver Island
So here was the itinerary:
- Mom picks us up at noon and drives us from Victoria to Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal to catch 1 pm ferry
- Arrive at Tsawwassen Terminal at 2:45
- Catch BC Transit Bus to Airport approx 3 pm (1 transfer)
- Arrive Vancouver airport 3:50 pm
- Check in and clear USA customs, shop Duty Free and drink coffee until our flight at 6:25 pm
- Arrive Vegas at 9pm
WHOOO 9 hours from start to finish... we could have flown to England in that length of time. Getting to and from the ferry usually add a minimum 3 or 4 hours onto any trip, such is the cost of living on an Island !!
Beautiful Victoria BC, Inner Harbour
XOXO Empress Jade Vintage